We fully understand how difficult it is for you as a busy adviser juggling business workloads, domestic distractions with studying.
Our DipFA training programme will offer the study support and discipline you need to complete your qualification within the required time.
Futuretrend is one of the leading Financial Training Centres in London and have developed unique training courses to assist you with your studies. Our programme is designed to give delegates a structured and motivated approach incorporating multiple learning styles, study methods to understand the requirements and exam process.
- Unit 1 - Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics (FSRE)
- Unit 2 - Coursework Assignments Stage 1 / Advanced Financial Advice (AFA) Stage 2
- Multiple choice
- 2 hours duration
- 70% Pass Mark
FSRE: 5 day workshop
The course is designed to cover the entire syllabus in 5 days in topic order so that you can be sure that every area has been covered thoroughly. Each day we will work through the material giving exam example type questions, what to look out for, the depth of knowledge required to pass the exam and simple tips to help you memorise the content. The IFS FSRE material has been abbreviated in slide format that will enable you to read the material in a timely manner.
Features of our 5 day course:
- Small classes to create a relaxed learning environment
- Committed DiPFA qualified trainers
- Detailed explanations of subject matter
- Calculations explained, with worked examples
- Explanations on how markets work and how they are interrelated
- Pointers on what to know for the exam
- Useful handout and tips on memorising the many risks associated with financial planning
- Useful handouts that support learning
- Testing throughout the course to analyse learning
- E-mail support until you have passed the exam
See FSRE classroom dates here
Apart from this a highlighter, pen, calculator and dedication is all you need to be sure to pass the exam.
The AFA section of the DipFA qualification comes in 2 parts: the coursework and the final exam based on a factfind. This section must be completed within the time frame, they cannot be separated. Please ensure that once you commit yourself, that you can afford to allocate 360 hours of study time (approx 10 hours per week) over the 6 months.
- Case Study Elements
- Approx 4 months completion duration
- 50% Pass Mark
- Scores in Coursework Assignment
- Accounts for 30% of the Advanced Financial Advice (AFA) Exam final grades
- Part 1 - Three short answer questions (marks 10, 10 & 5)
- Part 2a – Written task – Maximum word count 4,000 (marks 60)
- Part 2b – Bibliography (does not form part of the word count, comment on three sources, marks 15)
AFA unit 1 Coursework Revision workshop (1 day): At this stage you may have received your AFA Coursework from the IFS and it's all looking a bit daunting. Our revision workshop will help you get started and set you on the right path to succeding at this junction. This part of the programme comprises of a 1 day workshop which gives a technical content overview, deals with tax issues and issues relating to the specific coursework questions/topics. This course is suitable for existing financial advisors as well as those new to the sector.
- Coursework workshop outline:
- How to get started
- How to structure your article
- Who is your target group
- Exemplars are provided
- How to submit your work
- How to source information
- How to gain valuable marks
- Tips and ideas on coursework content
- How to reference your article
- How to build your bibliography
- The short questions are assessed thoroughly, giving pointers on where to find the information
The classes are small and provide opportunities to ‘brain storm’ ideas with other students. The course will provide you with a clear guide to starting your coursework with confidence. Your trainer has already helped many other students pass this component and provides valuable insight into what is needed.
See AFA Coursework training dates here
AFA unit 1 Coursework assignment review:
We also have an online coursework assignment review option which you could consider if attending classroom training is not ideal for you.
You could also consider this option after you have done the classroom training and completed your first draft and just want to be certain that your work is of the highest standard before submission to the IFS.
See coursework assignment review here
The Fact find and exam: The second AFA assessment will represent 70% of the overall unit mark weighting and will take the form of a written examination combining knowledge, understanding and application of AFA. This assessment will be taken at an examination centre at the end of the 6 month period of study. The exam can be hand written or on a computer and must be completed within 3 hours at the centre. You will receive the Factfind 6 weeks prior to the examination date. The pass mark for this assessment is 50%.
IFS school of Finance
Exam workshop (1 Day)
This class will provide essential information required to write the suitability report based on the factfind. The classes are small and personal, enabling opportunities to gain ideas and formulas from your tutor and other students. Your tutor has completed the DipFA and provided support to other students who have gone on to pass the exam. The workshop will provide the following:
- Analysis of the fact find
- Client categorisation/life stage
- Financial planning mistakes made by consumers
- How to structure your report
- Tax calculations and tax planning ideas
- What areas to consider when formulating strategies
- Possible recommendations
- Further information on providing the correct recommendations
- Technical support on products and recommendations
- A draft template and guidance notes for you to go away with
- Post Course email support
On completion of the class you will be able to write your own report, enabling you valuable time to memorise the content for the exam. Please remember that in the exam some of the factfind will change, possible solutions are explored in the class. Also, when booking your exam please be sure to choose the option of written or computerised carefully as once chosen it cannot be changed. If you are proficient on the PC (word document) it is easier to delete or add material, however if you find a computer time consuming choose the written option, but remember to cross out your mistakes.
Visit Futuretrends blog for monthly tips on the AFA exams.
See AFA Exam training dates here
Book your place now or ask for more info